We look forward to welcoming you all at the Econet Victoria Falls Marathon event, 28 June. Thank you for joining us. If you haven’t already booked, there is still time!
A couple of last minute ‘house-keeping’ things to note please:
1. STARTING TIMES
Due to this being held in winter months, and we have a film crew out there, we are starting each distance 15 min. later than advertised on the website.
Full Marathon (42.2km) at 06h45
Half Marathon (21.1km) at 07h15
Fun Run (approx. 7.5km) at 08h15 * Check at registration for any change on timings.
2. LAST MINUTE ENTRIES may still be done at the Kingdom Hotel, on Friday/Saturday 26-27 June between 10h00 and 17h00. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. We have to prepare a manifest for immigration, as we cross the bridge, on the Full & Half – so bring your ID or passport please. Not required for the Fun Run. On-line registration has closed.
3. PRE-REGISTERED ENTRIES – if paid for – will be ready for collection at the pre – registration tent, at Kingdom, as above.
4. CORPORATE TEAMS – will be ready for collection, at the pre-registered tent. Please bring full payment.
5. TOG BAG AREA – we will provide a trailer at the start, and will transport your bags to the finish/stadium by 09h00.
6. CUT OFF TIME for all races is 12h45.
7. OFFICIAL SUNSET CRUISE AND AFTER PARTY, 28 JUNE. You can buy tickets at registration, but there are limited places. If you wish to pre-purchase (this facility is available until 19 June – email firstname.lastname@example.org).
8. TEMPERATURES – its winter in Vic Falls – so a little chilly first thing in the morning … but quickly warms up throughout the day.
9. STADIUM / FINISH – there will be a number of stands / people selling food, drinks etc. so bring some cash along.
10. WILD FRONTIERS’ GUESTS. If you booked with us, there will be a welcome pack at reception of your hotel, including your race bib. If you need to make any changes, or have any questions – pop down to registration at the Kingdom, as above.
11. CHARITIES – we are supporting several charities this year (see website) – if you would like to donate monies, or items to one of them, we will accept on your behalf at Registration. Look for the DONATION AREA.
12. FINISH AREA – we will be handing out t-shirts and medals as follows, note that there are limited quantities as below :
T-shirts & Medals:
o 1400 for the half marathon
o 300 for full marathon
o 350 for the fun run
If you have any questions, email : email@example.com
See you there!