- The pillar of our Vic Falls Marathon productions. Lourens has been with us since inception in 2006. His original career was as a Flight Steward aboard long haul airlines, and then he discovered his creative and talented side and took up camera work full time.
- Having traveled all over Africa on numerous shoots, he’s climbed Kili, rafted down the Zambezi, sat with Gorilla’s in Rwanda and fished in the Nile. He is also not afraid of having a few cold lagers after a long hard day in the sun.
- Lourens is normally our Lead Women’s cameraman on the Full Marathon. He tracks them round the entire route and then heads into the stadium to do the sponsors and winners interviews.
- He has started nurturing and passing on his wonderful skills to his son, who is following in his footsteps and doing some amazing camerawork too.
Pierre van Zyl
- Camera man, editor rolled into one. Pierre is a regular face at the likes of Two Oceans Ultra Marathon, Sani2C, JHB2C, TransCape and The Epic Mountain Bike Races, but this (2017) will be his first appearance at The Victoria Falls Marathon – welcome on board.
- The jack of all trades, but master of none. From a camera woman on route, filming the fun run and the Wheel chair race, through to being the commercial partner to the event and the sponsors in terms of the sponsorship elements and branding, to managing the production budget and packing goodie bags, she’s touched on it all.
- Part and parcel of the event since inception in 2006. Loves Zimbabwe, the culture, the wild life and the beer!!!