ENTRY INFO 2020
Introducing The Econet Victoria Falls Virtual Marathon 2020
We’re bringing the Econet Victoria Falls Marathon to you this year with real-time remote racing!
Thanks to the amazing new features of the SportSplits Tracker app, you can #RunVicFalls the virtual way from anywhere in the world. This App is currently one of the most interactive available in the World, and is being used by thousands of fellow athletes worldwide.
The app allows for real race results – real time – across all distances, even the Fun Run!
Our first-ever #vicfallsvirtualrace will be timed using the state-of-the-art SPORTSPLITS TRACKER app available from the Apple App Store or the Google Play store. You do the running — SPORTSPLITS will use its groundbreaking technology to instantly track runners from all across the globe and let you know how you’re doing!
About the App…..
- The app will track your progress as if you were in Victoria Falls on the race route. When you get to certain points on the map, you’ll be able to check out photos of what would be around you at this point on your Victoria Falls running adventure.
- You will be represented on the route by an avatar, and you can see yourself on a live map – either in the suburb/area you are ACTUALLY running, or ‘live’ on the VicFalls route.
- You can even do a warm-up run on the route before the event
- The app tracks each runner live! You’ll be able to see how far ahead of, or behind, the elite runners you are and you can also check how you’re stacking up against your friends and family members. Regular leader board live updates
- Got people at home supporting you from the couch? Tell them to download the app FOR FREE and check out your progress while you #RunVicFalls the remote way.
- Share your run live on all your social networks and show everyone how fast you are!
- We don’t like cheats and neither does the SportSplits tracker app. The app has been designed to identify that people are actually running/walking so that the results show the truth.
- Please note however, you have to have a smart phone and you have to run with it, in order for the app to work
- No need to use any other fitness/running apps.
Download SPORTSPLITS TRACKER and join the race of the first-ever Econet Victoria Falls Virtual Marathon.
What does it cost?
Get your entries in early!
Between now and Friday 9 October – the virtual event entry will cost ZAR100 (approximately USD 6) per person.
From 10 October, the entry fee will be ZAR120 (approximately USD7).
This is for any of the four distances you may choose to participate in.
The the Virtual Relay, one entry form will need to be completed with BOTH person’s details and each participant will pay an entry fee – as above.
What are the different distances?
- 5km – The EcoSure Fun Run – which for the first time ever will be officially timed due to the use of the APP, meaning you will know your position and time.
- 21km – The Econet Half Marathon
- 42km – The Econet Full Marathon
- 21km Relay – The Steward Bank Team Relay, 10.5km each, in a team of 2 runners
You may enter and run more than one race if you want to.
HOW TO ENTER:
Complete your details in the form below, pay via credit card, and you will be taken to the App to complete your race profile.
Once you have claimed your profile for the event, you may do a test run!
What do I get for my entry fee?
- Details to follow.
Personalised Race Number
- Once you’ve registered and claimed your profile via the APP, you will receive a personalised race number for you to print and wear
Digital Medal / Badge and Official Finish Certificate
- On completion of your race, you will receive an official Vic Falls Marathon Virtual Badge that you can share with pride, along with your Finish Certificate stating your race time.
- Virtual Goodie Bag – We are putting together a virtual goodie bag for those of you that will join us in the Falls for the July 2021 event. This will include discount vouchers to various restaurants, pubs, adrenaline rushing activities such as white water rafting, canoeing on the Zambezi, The Flight of the Angels [helicopter trip over the Falls] and many others
We would like to appeal to our runners to please take the necessary precautions in terms of the socially distancing norms and to wear the approved PPE when participating in their respective event, irrespective of which country you live in.
The Vic Falls Marathon will be taking place on Sunday 4 July, 2021. The event will feature a 42.195 km full marathon, a half marathon 21.1 km, and a 7.5km Fun Run.
Entries will open mid-January on line, and details on how to register will follow.
A selection of travel packages will be available at a variety of hotels in Vic Falls. We recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment. Enquiries via email@example.com, the official Travel partner
2021 TRAVEL PACKAGES
We will be publishing travel packages soon – but if you would like to be ‘first to know’ please subscribe to our newsletter to receive our regular email updates.
We will be offering a range of hotels and guest lodges, transfers, and a variety of tours – with optional safaris in Zimbabwe and neighbouring countries.
Zimbabwe has plenty of safari options – Hwange National park, Mana Pools, Gona-re-Zhou, Lake Kariba (houseboats) and Zambezi National park just outside Vic Falls town. Enquire for options via firstname.lastname@example.org.