Regulations for the 2022 Econet Victoria Falls Marathon
As per the Zimbabwe Sports and Recreation Event rules, all entrants and staff must either be:
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 OR
- Have a Covid 19 negative test dated less than 48 hours before number collection
Vaccination certificates/ negative test results will be checked at number collection by MARS staff.
Your temperature may also be checked.
Please have a copy of your test / vaccination to give to the MARS checkpoint – if not, they can take a photo of your original.
If you are collecting for a group , you will need all the copies of vaccination/ test results per entrant before you will be able to collect their numbers.
500 rapid tests will be available for those that need them.
Cost is $10 each and it will take a few minutes to get the result.
Anyone testing positive will be declined entry and referred to MARS (Medical Air Rescue Services)
Only athletes / runners allowed into the Race Number Collection area. Family and friends to stay in the car park.
You are encouraged to comply with all Covid protocols:
- Please practise social distancing – especially at the starts and in the tunnels – and where social distancing it is not possible be sure to wear a mask for the short period of time needed.
- Hand sanitising is recommended.
- Sharing of water etc is not permitted.
All staff working at the event including number collection, at water points and in the tunnels will be requested to be masked, and sanitise their hands regularly.