Due to the introduction of RTGS dollars in Zimbabwe on 25 February 2019, the organisers of The Econet Victoria Falls Marathon 2019 have had to make adjustments to online entries.
The organisers are aware that there is limited access to US dollars for Zimbabwe citizens. For this reason, the organisers plan to make the following adjustments to online entries:
- The online entry portal will accept EcoCash payments from 1 June. Entries are limited! Keep an eye on website and Facebook for updates.
- RTGS payments via Ecocash only for Zimbabwe Citizens , proof of citizenship will be required on collection of numbers.
- The RTGS dollar rate from 1 June will be set as per ruling market prices.
- RTGS rates are as follows for Zimbabwe citizens only:
- Full Marathon or Half Marathon: RTGS 105
- Steward Bank Half Marathon Relay: RTGS 175 per team of two
- Fun Run: RTGS 35
The decision to put these provisions in place wasn’t taken lightly and have been done so in an effort to continue bringing you a world-class event.
Any queries can be addressed to email@example.com