2024 RACE INFO.
The next Victoria Falls Marathon will be taking place on Sunday 7 July 2024, in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
The Victoria Falls Marathon event is registered with World Athletics and AIMS, and has been measured under World Athletics regulations.
Entries on-line are not yet open for the July 2024 event. If you would like to plan ahead with your travel arrangements, contact email@example.com for a Race Travel package with a confirmed entry to your chosen distance. If you would like to be kept informed of updates on the event, please sign up for our newsletter and you will be among the first to know what’s happening!
Race Starting Times:
- Full Marathon: 06h30
- Specially Abled Race: 06h50
- Half Marathon & Relay: 07h00
- Fun Run: 08h00
All distances will start from the same place – we are planning on changing the start/finish point this year to the Baobab Primary School – to be confirmed – Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
All runners must wear their running bib, clearly, on the front of your shirt (not back). Do not fold your race number, or put it in your pocket. We will provide pins for your race number.
TOG BAG DROP OFF – Tog bag drop off facility will be provided at the start. If you plan to use this please allow ample time to drop off your bag – do NOT put valuables into this bag. The event will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to any personal items.
FINAL CUT OFF TIME – for all distances will be 12h30.
SLOWER RUNNERS – The event will have a sweep vehicle. We reserve the right to take runners off the route if they are not going to make the final cut off time. This decision will be made by the organisers on race day, and is for the safety and well-being of the athletes. Please listen to the Race Marshalls.
We operate an electronic time keeping system with instant results via the website.
- OPEN – Full Marathon (42.195 km) 20 yrs and older, male and female
- OPEN – Half Marathon (21.0975 km) 18 yrs and older, male and female
- HALF MARATHON RELAY* to be confirmed – approximately 10.5km per participate = total distance 21.0975km, and may be 15 years and older.
- FUN RUN – No official results will be produced, ages 10 years and upwards if unaccompanied by an adult. Any age with adult supervision.
- SPECIALLY ABLED (wheelchair/hand-cycle/tricycle) may enter with the ‘Half Marathon’ category – however due to safety reasons for all athletes, the route will be approximately 18km and will NOT go on to the Vic Falls Bridge. It will be timed and results produced.
Whilst categories may be noted on the results there may not necessarily be any recognition or prizes on race day for other categories.
CORPORATE SPONSORS’ TEAMS – will be included in general results as well as on a separate result sheet.
World Athletics and NAAZ rules will govern this event.
RACE NUMBER COLLECTION POINTS & TIMES
Collection from the Sprayview Hotel, in the ‘conference’ venue.
- Thursday 04 July 12h00 – 17h00
- Friday 05 July 10h00 – 17h00
- Saturday 06 July 09h00 – 16h00
You will be required to bring your Zimbabwean ID/ or passport and proof of residency if SADC, and proof of payment / entry.
If you are collecting for a third party – above will be required for each athlete, together with their permission for you to collect on their behalf.
NO ENTRIES OR CHANGES ACCEPTED ON RACE DAY.
- If you envisage being late / delayed – you must organise a friend to collect your race number for you.
- Entry Collection will close at above times, and you will not be able to collect your number once closed. Race numbers will NOT be available after 16h00 on Saturday, nor on race morning.
Wild Frontiers are the official organisers of travel/tourism packages. Their bookings terms and conditions apply. Guests booking a full travel package will automatically have their entry fee included if they book with the official booking agent Wild Frontiers. Non-runners are also catered for. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. A selection of packages are shown here.
We will be offering a range of hotels and guest lodges, transfers, and a variety of tours – with optional safaris in Zimbabwe and neighbouring countries. Wild Frontiers can tailormake anything for individuals or running groups.
Zimbabwe has plenty of safari options – Hwange National park, Mana Pools, Gona-re-Zhou, Lake Kariba (houseboats) and Zambezi National park just outside Vic Falls town. Enquire for options via email@example.com.
RESPONSIBILITY & JURISDICTION
Victoria Falls Marathon Club is responsible for arranging and providing the services during the marathon.
Wild Frontiers is responsible for tour packages purchased via their terms and conditions.
Victoria Falls Marathon Club and the customer expressly agree that the laws of Zimbabwe shall govern this agreement and any claim made.
While every effort is made to keep to all published itineraries, we reserve the right to make changes for your convenience. In some cases, weather conditions can necessitate an alteration in the event itinerary and this does not constitute any reason for refund. No refund for unused services will be considered. Victoria Falls Marathon Club reserves the right to correct printing errors or omissions at any time, unaffected portions will continue to remain valid.